WHO WE ARE:
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Group. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country. BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating for the last 10 consecutive years and has seen significant growth. Join us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies has an opening for an experienced Premium Auditor to join our California Premium Audit Field Team. Our California Premium Audit Field Team is responsible for conducting high quality premium audits on medium and large workers’ compensation policies, working with stakeholders to ensure a high quality premium audit experience, maintaining communication with company underwriters and agents, and acting as a liaison between insureds and company departments.
This position will require frequent travel to insureds physical locations and other company offices around the San Diego Area or assigned geographical territory as necessary to complete the essential responsibilities outlined below. The Premium Auditor will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop accurate and complete audits on large workers’ compensation policies by examining policyholder’s payroll records and operations. Record and summarize proper payroll and classifications to be used for determination of premium.
- Perform analysis of insured’s business operations to determine appropriate classifications and exposures. Interpret and apply legislative and manual ruling which affect premium basis and policy coverage.
- Responsible for representing BHHC with customers including insurers, employers, agents, and brokers. This includes addressing customer questions, and concerns, taking appropriate action to resolve and correct problems, and responding to customer feedback to ensure the best customer experience.
- Maintain a high level of communication with other company departments regarding any conditions or changes in operations or finances discovered during the audit which could adversely impact the company.
- Work with California Premium Audit Field Team and Supervisor to drive ongoing improvements in premium audit process to enhance customer service experience.
- Maintain working knowledge of insurance manuals, guides, handbooks and other materials pertinent to job performance. Reviews all communications, bulletins and manual changes in order to maintain a current level of expertise needed to assure a professional audit.
- Arrange work in a logical, geographical pattern to reduce travel time and maximize time available for audits. Make appointments according to work schedule and company requirements. Prepare and submit audits according to company procedures on a timely basis. Submit activity reports, expense accounts, and any other reports as prescribed.
- Must be willing to work outside of assigned territory and accept assignments requiring overnight travel and undertake special projects and assignments as required by Premium Audit Supervisor.
HOW YOU’D FIT IN:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or relevant experience
- Two or more years of premium field audit experience
- Ability to travel (with an overnight stay) approximately 20-25% of the time
- Valid Driver's License, required
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Company Vehicle, Cell Phone and Internet Stipend
- Unparalleled financial strength and stability
- Fantastic growth and advancement opportunities
- Relaxed Atmosphere with Casual Dress Code
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc)
- Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
- Discounts across companies such as GEICO, See’s Candies, etc.